Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What's it like going from living in a city of a few hundred thousand to a town of just over a thousand?


Well, I must say I've done quite a few things in the last few weeks that I rarely did in the cities:

Use my bright lights!

I've left my car running with the keys in it to go inside a gas station/post office on a number of occasions.

Used the phone book like 5 times!  We don't even have one at our house.

Written like 10 checks, I NEVER write checks. The only reason my checkbook is even in my purse is because I didn't want to lose it in the move.

Lots of time driving to other places and I'm thinking they should update the highway speed limit signs from Baxter to Newton to about 47, because that seems to be the most common speed.

We have to use the land line.  Between AT&T and our iphones, we basically get no service!  It is AWFUL!!  Not just in Baxter, everywhere.  Now the boys get all excited every time the phone rings and they run for it.  We rarely answered our phone at our house. 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter