Wednesday, January 5, 2011

And the job hunt goes on and on and on...

This week I have slowly restarted my job hunt!  Why the slow approach?
1)  I've been at the same job for about five years and don't want a future of job hopping. So I will be picky, looking for the right fit.
2)  At this time I think I will take advice from others.  Many have told me not to rush into a new job, I need to take my time and get adjusted and settled.  Spending quality time with your little ones is a rare opportunity, my goal is to enjoy this time off with them.  Of course after two days, this is easier said than done!  Definitely a different type of exhaustion.
3) This might sound weird, but I think it would be fair to say I have been married to my job for the past couple of years and it almost feels like I am going through a break-up.  Little hard to get yourself out there again.  However, I am taking small steps setting up meetings with potential employers and am going to a career fair on Thursday.  So hopefully something great will come my way as this is a key component to getting us completely settled again. 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter