Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We got to play outside!

On Sunday, Keith was gone most of the day so it was just me and the boys! I almost talked myself into taking them to the Mall of America, but then after about a solid hour of bouncing between one crying child to the next I decided going to MOA would probably not be in my best interest.
And since breaking 40 degrees was a heatwave in MN, I thought the boys would enjoy being outside.

So here is how it went. We probably spent 20 minutes getting bibs, coats, hats and gloves on. Then the gloves were not so favorable and caused some screaming. Then we went outside, the boys stuck their hands in the snow and after a little more screaming, the gloves weren't such a bad idea. Then the next battle was avoiding puddles and mud from all the melting snow and since I hadn't been in my backyard for a few months, I sorta forgot how we had a dog and we never picked up any of her lovely droppings that have been collecting in our yard all winter. So it was a challenge to avoid all of that and I was running around like crazy with the popper scooper, which always works better when it didn't just rain! Let's just leave it at, I let daddy clean up their boots when he got home.
The good news is the boys did seem to have a lot of fun playing outside and I'm really excited for spring! I'm going to get them a sandbox and I also am trying to find some type of club house slide type toy for them on Craig's list.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter