Tuesday, May 3, 2011

FEARS...

I stopped by the house tonight and was excited to walk up the stairs for the first time to the second level.  However, I am not a big fan of heights!  So as I was walking up, tightly gripping the 2x4s by my side I was shocked to see one of the workers walking on the very top 2x4s carrying a bundle of wood.  BRAVE!  Then I was even more shocked watching this guy hold this huge, heavy tress up, just standing on the edge of our house. SCARY!

I wasn’t always afraid of heights.  As a child I was quite fearless and climbed up about anything (I think that’s where my kids get it), then at some point in high school something hit me and now I’m a wimp.  So what fears do you have?  Here are a few of mine besides heights:

Alligators and Snakes – I’ve never encountered an alligator on the attack, but recently heard a story of a 7’ alligator that got through a dog door in a house in Florida and they found him in their bathroom.  I do not know why people have  pet snakes, they completely freak me out, even the really little ones.  I know I have boys and they will probably be really into this stuff, but we are sticking to goldfish that stay in a bowl!

Death and losing loved ones – This is one that always hangs on me, something that we can never get away from but hope and pray everyone stays safe. 

Icy roads- I REALLY, REALLY do not like driving on bad roads.  Actually, I absolutely hate it!  Rain doesn’t bother me a single bit, but an icy road completely freaks me out and I really don’t like having my boys on the road for an hour a day.  I should say, it doesn’t bother me at all when you are in town or on side streets, it’s the highways and interstates with traffic flying by.  This fear played into part of our decision to live in Polk City. 

Hurt little fingers…I am always watching out for 20 little fingers in fear that my little ones will have one shut in a door.  Especially with the two of them, they are always wanting to play with the doors. 

Flying – this is a fear I actually got over.  I always enjoyed flying, then at some point I became terrified of flying.  My concern, if a car breaks down, you pull over. If your plane breaks, you….?  I finally got over it about 5-6 years ago, since driving isn’t always an option if you want to see the world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter