Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This and That

Here is a bit of things happening around here...

Dylan has been saying "I do this" - I hear this a lot! He has been really into brushing his teeth lately, so when I attempt to put the toothpaste on the brush, I get a "I do this."

We have been playing a lot of bubbles!

The boys have been really into drawing and coloring lately, I like this!

Two is still hard, we have plenty of battles we face every day.  I seriously considered sending them to daycare today in their PJ shirts.  If the buttons on the shirt weren't so close to busting, this may have happened.

We got some new shoes and sandals this weekend.  Carter refuses to wear them and wears his old ones.  I believe he did this last time we got new shoes.  Dylan would much rather wear the sandals- I told him he was creating a fashion statement with his sandal/sock look, but I don't think he cared too much.

We talk about everything we see in the car, so now it seems Carter yells, points and repeats about everything we pass until you say oh yeah I see it!  If you have ever been to Iowa, this is how this list sounds...cows, big hill, field, moon, bird, pond, river.  I must say we are starting to do well on proper identifications of bodies of water.  First they used to say ocean, then I had to explain, no oceans here, that's a lake, a pond, a river, a puddle - I can see their confusion.

Carter still has his strawberry on his arm, which we call his Carter mark.  So he randomly will check his arm to make sure it is still there. Keith said he suddenly did this in the car one night and he said, " my Carter mark, where an angel kissed me."  So it was funny, tonight Dylan wanted to play with this little angel we have, he put it up to his cheek and said, "angel kissed me."  Funny the things little kids go through.

We have been putting just undies on Carter in the evening.  So far it is going well, not the full plunge, but some progress.  Dylan isn't really interested.

I have been getting lots of hugs and kisses lately. Carter has been really into snuggling, every morning he wants me to hold him.

This morning Dylan requested a paper towel, then spent a few minutes wiping Stella down.  Surprisingly she sat there and took it.  Not sure what inspired this.  Then Carter said to get her feet, so he wiped her feet too.

They really like Salsa now.  Dylan had a couple chips and he kept saying salt, he wanted salsa.  They even eat the chunks!  I guess they get this from their mom because I LOVE chips and salsa! (minus the chunks)








Keith took the boys to visit Grandpa and Uncle Jeff.  I think they had a pretty good time, but Dylan was a bit shy and passed on a tractor ride.  Carter looks so big in these pics!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter