Sunday, May 22, 2011


I am a bit on the tired side tonight, we were go, go, go all weekend!  
After work on Friday we picked up the boys and went straight to the house for a while, then went to Ankeny for dinner.  Apparently Ankeny was jammed packed, so after four restaurant attempts we settled on Culver's.  After we ate, we went to Walmart to find the boys a new outdoor riding toy.  We landed on big wheels!  Unfortunately, they are still a bit to short to use the pedals.  It was well past bedtime by the time we got back to Baxter, so we got the boys to bed.  My friend Kristy was at the bar, so I met her and ended up staying out a bit later than I probably needed.  But we had fun catching and traded war stories on the pains and challenges of moving your family to a different state!
Saturday morning we took the boys to see Sesame Street Live!  I bought the tickets weeks ago.  This was the first time we took them to a show (outside of the not so great circus we went to), they did pretty well sitting most of show - with the help of some popcorn.  Dylan seemed to like it better than Carter, neither were jumping up and down dancing- but seemed to enjoy it.  Two Elmo balloons and $20 later we were out the door.  We figured they would fall asleep pretty quick in the car so we decided to eat lunch downtown.  I was hoping to hit up something good from the farmers market, but most of the vendors were closing up, so we ended up eating outside at Legends.  Then we made a couple quick stops and went back to Baxter to put our big wheels together and played at the park.  After lots of playing outside we made a stop to visit Cade and Alec, then headed to Altoona for a graduation party.  The boys enjoyed the cake and had a lot of fun running around outside.  After the party, we picked up a few groceries at HyVee, then headed home and had them into bed by about 10:00, right before a big storm hit.  
Today we left early at met Whitney, one of the boys' favorite teachers from their daycare in Minnesota at the play area at Jordan Creek mall.  The boys had so much fun playing with her!  We did a little bit of shopping, then made a quick stop at our house.  
By about 3:00 we made our way to Woodward to do the boys' two year (or  2 1/2 year) pics.  Despite a weak car nap, they did pretty well!  I can't wait to see them. When we got back to Baxter, Jennifer and Cory brought the boys over, so the boys ran around non-stop until bedtime.  Now I am tired!!!  I'll be taking a bath and hitting the sack.  

Oh, and I must give a shout out to the CMB boys track team, this weekend they won the state shuttle hurdle and set a new state record!!  I had no idea they were doing so well this season!  That is AWESOME!!!  Now that I live in Iowa again, I would love to go and watch the state meet again- probably haven't been there in over 10 years.  

Another reason I don't like bubbles.  Carter cried over this for an entire car ride because he wanted Dylan's.  Both exactly the same, even the same color.  Then Dylan basically spilled this entire bottle.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Whitney Moore said...

Thank you so much for making time out of your guys busy schedule to meet with me. SO good to see you all! I really missed the boys!!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter