Sunday, May 29, 2011

Yep, it was bad!



This weekend we went to Sibley, IA to Keith’s parents house, which is a little over four hours from my parent’s house.  It has been about 5 months since we have taken the boys on a long car ride, so I was a bit nervous and for good reason because this trip ranked in our top three worst car rides to date!  This trip competes with the trip when Dylan cried half the ride and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia.  Then there was the horrible drive when we got caught up in a scary tornado and spent about 2 hours in a gas station without power. 

I must say Dylan was pretty awesome most of the ride, but I have no idea what got into Carter.  First off, we made the mistake of taking Keith’s truck since the car seats are side-by-side.  He just kept crying and throwing fits- which I could handle, but then he would randomly pinch or smack Dylan in the face.  So finally we pulled over on a gravel road and moved the car seat behind Keith’s seat- which is really tight for driving.  This helped, well at least protected Dylan, but the screaming didn’t stop!  Two straight hours of screaming, and I think he just wanted to scream because no matter what you did to help, he would find something else to scream about, so these are all the things he was unhappy about:
            -He wanted to watch Thomas – big mistake, we didn’t have one in the car
-When we moved him behind Keith, then he couldn’t see the DVD player- this resulted in me strapping the DVD player on my head and sitting in the middle so both could see- a definite low as a parent, but gave us a few quieter moments
            -A LOT of screaming about wanting to be sitting in Dylan’s see
-Dylan yelling to Carter, Carter naughty, Carter’s response, I not naughty Dylan and repeat, repeat, repeat!
-He wanted a yellow vitamin (we have never had yellow vitamins??)

There was much more screaming beyond that, but I tried to zone it out for a good hour!  BRUTAL!! I hope Monday goes better. Or we are keeping the car rides to a max of one hour!!  Definitely confirmed our need to move to Iowa.  



Here are a few pics of the boys hard at work with daddy!  I love how serious Carter is with the shovel.  They put some sod down and watered it- Keith told them the grass was sick, so now every time we go by that patch of grass they tell me it's sick.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter