Saturday, November 24, 2012

Does the ER have a loyalty card program?


Wednesday was a BEAUTIFUL day - for real, 70 degree temps in November.  That is hard to pass up.  Thanksgiving the next day - two days off work!  Awesome!  So on Wednesday I left work early, ran a few errands in Ankeny and was on my way home to put up Christmas lights - score, our slacking of making this happen on any other nice day was a fail and we were surprised with one nice day in November to make this happen!  Then...the daycare number showed up on my phone.  Hmmm.....probably not good!

They told me Dylan had hit his head, he wasn't bleeding much anymore, but probably needed medical attention.  Luckily Keith was home putting up lights and I was on my way.  So he was off to pick him up and then I got home about the same time they were getting back.  I had hoped to skip the ER and visit our clinic, but no such luck with the holiday weekend. 

Dylan was in a pretty good mood through it all - lets not forget we are VERY familiar with the place.  And he LOVES going.  Sad right!  My mom and niece Morgan met us at the ER, so we had some good company while we waited.  That's the downside of the ER- you wait A LOT!

Dylan kept the staff entertained.  He did pretty well, the cleaning of the wound was probably the worst part - he told the nurses to "be careful".  They all got a kick out of that.   Once they evaluated the cut, they determined one staple should do it!  Morgan, being 12 and all.... yells out, "STAPLE, that's going to hurt."  And my poor little Dylan turns around with a frantic face!  Big TIP - all this business is half mental.  So I had to talk him back into Morgan is a wimp and he is tough and would be TOTALLY fine!  So he did pretty well, he curled up on my lap and I held him tight and we did our, squeeze mom's hand when it hurts trick.  He did squeeze hard a couple times, but not too bad.  


The worst part was later that evening he was playing with Olivia and put his head into her tummy and little miss grabs everything in front of her got a hold of his hair  - pretty close to the staple and gave it a good yank!  Then he cried pretty hard.  

The good part about having a staple in your head (for me).....NO WRESTLING!!!  I've been enjoying this one.  

Oh- and a lot of people asked how he did this.  A bit of an odd one.  I guess not for a 4 year old.  Both of them are into holding both hands onto a car and then running around and driving the car on the ground.  I guess he was watching the car, not where he was going - and must have been going REALLY fast and right into a pole.  OUCH!! Little guy had to hit it hard to crack his head open.  So note to moms- don't let your boys do that.  Carter actually got hurt doing the same thing a few weeks ago, he was doing it on the sidewalk and his hand slipped off and had scratches about everywhere!

We go back on Wednesday to have it pulled out!  I'm sure it won't be our last!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter