Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A rough couple of nights!


After the boys got the tubes in October, we were doing great and pretty much went to the doctor for well appointments only. Since January hit, Carter has been in twice, Dylan has been in four times and I went to Urgent Care last night. Hopefully we don't keep this pace for the entire year.
I mostly just have a head cold, but haven't been sleeping well because of it. I started antibiotics last night and that is helping a lot. Then the past two nights Dylan has woken up and gone to bed with us. Usually when he sleeps in our bed, he goes to sleep and sleeps pretty well most of the night. The last two nights he tossed and turned and kicked his legs, would sit up,
would be turned side ways then to the end of the bed, then on top of me, then on Keith, repeat, repeat repeat for over TWO HOURS!!! I'm not sure if it is from him not feeling well or teeth or a new phase.
So today when we picked the boys up from daycare Dylan's ear looked disgusting. It looked almost like a huge scab inside his ear. They told us with the tubes if you get an ear infection you will probably see some draining. I wasn't really sure what to expect with that, but assumed right away that was the case when I saw all the gunk in his ear. I would have taken a picture, but it was really gross. I called the doctor's office right away and was able to get a 6:30 appointment! The doctor was a little surprised because he had just finished a dose of antibiotics, which remains in your system for 10 days. So now we have another round of antibiotics and some ear drops too. I hope he will sleep well tonight! We are going to put our pack and play in our room too and put him in there if he acts the same way he has the past two nights.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter