Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's not easy being a prince...

I haven't been to a CMB football game since my freshman year of college.  So the first time in 10+ years I had a reason to check out and partake in homecoming festivities.  Only to find tradition has been completely tossed out the window.
I guess we should step back here - two things about me - one, I LOVE tradition, and two, I was one one of those people who loved high school and everything that went along with it.  LIKE HOMECOMING WEEK - that was one of my favorite times of the year.  Since our school only consolidated for sports, we always had two homecomings.  They now only have one, they now have this formal coronation (vocal performances included), I don't think they even have a parade, they used to have fresh/soft/jun attendants, now there are 5 people on the court.  The court doesn't go out onto the football field in convertibles anymore.  I will say I think they may have upped the pranks (of course I was the girl TPing the town), this year somebody forked the football field with 1000's of forks - and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's exactly what it sounds like.  They stuck thousands of plastic forks into the field.  Being a prankster I couldn't help but laugh a bit, hopefully it was done in good fun!

 Anyway, one tradition has remained, selecting a little prince and princess from the kindergarten class.  This year my nephew Cade and one of my girlfriend from high schools daughter were the prince and princess.

HOWEVER, I must say - being a prince is hard work.....


wave, greet & carry this heavy crown
 

Chill with the court

And then it get's tough

Even questioning at times...

I guess he disagreed with the outcome???

I mean really?  That's who?

Forget it, I'm not even watching anymore.


Let's get out of here. 

These two do look pretty darn cute!!!
 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter