Monday, January 9, 2012

my boys


Dylan is really into making a little snack bag.  He will get out two baggies (3 if Cade is around) and put crackers and marshmallows in them.  It's nice though that he always gets one for Carter too. 



Not sure about where you live, but we having an unusual January with many days in the 50's.  Now that the holidays have passed I could easily go without snow - or the cold!  The boys have been getting in lots of extra bike riding time.  They are starting the get pretty good and quite fast!  Keith took them on an actual bike ride this weekend, I think they had a pretty good time.  They get a bit tipsy going up and down driveways, especially when they go fast- but I guess they have to learn at some point (good thing we have helmets).

I don't know if it was the crazy moon or what, but the boys were exceptionally GREAT tonight.  So of course you feel bad when it is time to send them to bed, so they got a few extra books tonight.  They have been LOVING books lately, which is great.

I'm afraid we must go to Target too often.  On Sunday I asked them what we should do today and Dylan said go to Target, Carter completely agreed.  Dylan is really into going grocery shopping and is actually a pretty good help.  He can be picky at times about what goes into the cart, for some reason he didn't want TP in his cart.  He also thinks we need to put produce bags on half the things that go into the cart, the check out people must think we are crazy.  The funny thing is when we are Target sometimes we cruise by the toys and Dylan will just keep saying go to the food.  The best part is, he basically puts all the groceries away!  This week he even took the fruit snacks out of the box and put them into the box we keep snacks in.  We'll see how long that lasts, but I'll keep going with it until he is bored of it.

I've said before that Carter has not been a big mom fan lately - on Saturday and Sunday he was SOOO nice to me and snuggled with me lots, it was so nice.  I had really missed that.  Hopefully he keeps being nice to me.

I was laughing listening to a conversation between the two or maybe I should say debate.  Dylan was singing rain, rain go away, come back a different day. Carter would say NO DYLAN, it's not rain, rain go away come back a different day, it's rain rain, go away, come back another day.  This went on for a while.

Lately Carter has been saying, I'll like green beans when I get older.  I'll like cherries when I grow.  We have the pickiest eaters!!! Unfortunately, they come by it naturally.  I guess it's payback.

Today I asked the boys if they had fun at school, Carter said he had a little bit of a good time, Dylan said he had a lot of fun.

To avoid going to bed one night they told me they were stinky and needed baths.  (didn't work!)

I guess that is it for tonight!  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter