Monday, January 23, 2012

Keith’s been here….

We have been here…..


Last Thursday Keith was so lucky to leave the tundra for a trip to Hawaii for work. He had a long day of travel, starting the day at the Des Moines airport at 5 am, arriving in Kauai around 10:30ish pm.  Yesterday he went back to Honolulu but wasn’t doing very well as he must have ate something that didn’t agree with him.  He was still able to visit Kelly and the boys but super bummed to miss Eric.  He gets back home next week.  He heads back home Tuesday and should arrive sometime Wednesday morning.  We’ll be happy to have him back.

We have been keeping pretty busy.  The boys have been pretty good for me. I just started a new job a few weeks ago so my biggest challenge is getting everyone awake, dressed, fed and out the door and at daycare on-time for me to get to daycare.  I realize this shouldn’t be such a “process” but some days….it can be a nightmare and one time it took me an hour and forty-five minutes.  So far we have been doing really well making it out the door on-time. 

Friday night we went to Baxter for the weekend, I thought it would be good for the boys to be in a different environment for a couple days.  Friday night we had a movie night and watched Finding Nemo, which they really liked!  Saturday I met my friends Angie and Sara at McDonalds in Marshalltown to play in the playhouse for a couple hours.  The boys had a great time until a bunch of big kids came, then they weren’t loving it. 



Later Saturday night we went to dinner at Chips (the boys FAVORITE restaurant) with my mom and dad, Cory, Alec and Cade.  Jennifer had to go to Houston for work, so we definitely got a lot of looks with four boys under four.  We ate in the bar area to sit down sooner, it didn’t take long for all four tables around us to clear and surprisingly, though there were a few lookers, nobody opted to sit by usJ  Keith thought it was funny because one night this was flipped, it was Keith, Jennifer, mom, dad and all the boys.  I thought at least it was good that I’m not showing too much more! 

Carter fell asleep on the way home – I should say I think Dylan put him to sleep.  The kid did NOT STOP TALKING all the way home!!  Sometimes I think they just like to say everything they know and repeat it!  I got Carter into bed and Dylan was STILL TALKING, so mom asked him if he wanted to sleep with them. This was a bit of a treat for him b/c they always sleep in their beds and grandmas, I think he thought he was a pretty big deal.  I told mom, good luck falling asleep with jabber box – I went back there a little bit later and I could hear him, “the ocean is blue, the sky is blue……..”. 

Sunday we stayed at mom and dad’s house until 1ish to wait until the ice melted, went to Target and then played at home until Grandma Susie arrived.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter