Monday, April 16, 2012

Baby Update - 28 weeks


[27 weeks]
 

[28 weeks]


I'm growing by the day at this point!  Definitely noticeably pregnant now.  Sometimes when I am out and about shopping I notice people looking at my stomach - and it IS obvious, so sometimes that makes me feel awkward!

The baby has been quite busy moving around and kicking lots!  He/she must be getting quite big because sometimes I feel kicks on both sides at the same time and I'm starting to feel it quite a bit higher.

I had my glucose screening and a check-up on Thursday.  I just don't enjoy the juice they make you chug.  I haven't heard back, so I am assuming no news is good news!  I'm about 15 pounds up at this point, the babies heartbeat was around 140 and everything else seemed to be fine.  I'm still having contractions quite a bit, but my doctor said not to worry unless they are 10 minutes apart.  I'm trying to do a better job drinking more water, I think that might be part of the issue.

I guess it might be safe to say that I have hit the nesting phase.  I asked Keith what was worse, the first trimester where I was so exhausted and could barely stay awake through dinner and he was doing EVERYTHING from dinner, to bathing and getting the boys to bed, to all the cleaning while I was out cold on the couch.  Or now, where there is no time for rest, we always have something to clean, something to build, something to hang, things to go through, things to buy!!!  I think he prefers this phase, but he is probably getting tired of my projects:)  I know he doesn't want to hang anymore curtains!  (Just one or two more:))



I did decide to change our baby room, so it will be quite simple!  I'm a less is more kind a girl when it comes to this stuff and like things clean and simple.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to share too much of the babies room with all of you - but i did decide to go with this sheet, I think I am just going to do a breathable white bumper and then a bed skirt that is similar to this bumper.  Then we will be painting the room gray and another color - maybe yellow, maybe green, maybe pink, maybe blue!  You will just have to wait and see.  I'm hoping to start painting soon! 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

nbjenni said...

Where is the sheet from? LOVE IT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter