Monday, February 27, 2012

Here is a bit of this and that…..



Keith and I went up to Minnesota for a quick trip-up Saturday morning, left around 7:30 on Sunday.  I enjoyed some serious shopping (though I came home about empty handed), some time on Russell Ave and an AMAZING lunch at Big Bowl.  Oh my, how I miss that place, it is so darn good!  Plus I was really excited for some pot stickers and I did a foursquare check-in and they had a special for free ones.  SCORE!  I was hoping to buy the chair I have been looking at for months now and I didn’t really like it when I saw it in person, it was much smaller than I thought it would be.  As always, it feels odd to see the old house and not be able to go in. I guess it feels less and less like our home.  I wish we could have seen more people while there, but it was a quick trip. 

The boys stayed with mom and had lots of fun doing projects, playing with Cade and eating at Chips.  Even though we were only gone a day, I think Dylan must have missed me a bit, he stayed pretty close to my lap all day SundayJ  Which I don’t mind a bit! 

This is my 9th week already at the new job!  Hard to believe it’s been that long.  Still adjusting to some corporate changes – now I understand more of Keith’s life with SAP systems and waiting for things to happen.  I also have a lot of logins and passwords.  TWELVE!!!  Keith told me he has like 30, so maybe a dozen isn’t too bad.  Seriously though, between all those and the rest it’s amazing I remember half of them.  They have a spice sale every few months, so I totally loaded up last week.  I don’t think we will be needing any spices for a LONG time!  Hit me up if you are running low or what to try some new ones. 

The boys talk A LOT these days!!!  Non-stop at times, then they get mad trying to talk over each other.  Carter is always like I CAN’T TALK!!!  Our car ride to Baxter this weekend started with a long discussion about planets, to when Dylan broke his arm, to monsters – now we have been dealing with ghosts too- to about every song we know – half sung together, the other half they have to sing all by their self.  Lately Carter keeps saying his favorite color is white.  Totally random, but he is sticking to it.  For a few days Dylan's favorite color was yellow, then he added black and since has added green and about 4 other colors.  I told one of them I thought their favorite color was blue and they said, last summer that was my favorite.   So they sure do keep things interesting! 

Three weeks from now we will be at Disney World!  We are getting pretty excited. Except, what the heck am I going to wear? 

Loving the nice warm days we are having here and there.  Yesterday was 50, I told Keith I just can’t go back.  Plus the days are getting longer, so it’s nice to have a bit more sunlight.

I ate lunch at MaidRite today – these are only in Iowa and quite tasty.  Any of you who do foursquare – I’m the mayor at the Ankeny one. Not sure how I feel about that.  Anyway, between the cheese balls (another Iowa specialty) and a malt, I’ve been stuffed all DAY!

I guess I have rambled long enough nowJ 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter