Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's official...

Now almost all the furniture in our house is dark!  Despite the dust it collects, I LOVE dark furniture!   Hopefully it stays in style. 
I was planning on building this box and getting the boys beds with drawers under them.  Then this weekend I was at Homemakers and saw these bunk beds.  The price was great and we will have more flexibility if they are still in the same room in a couple of years.  I did like having the extra storage with drawers, but the beds I was going to buy weren't great quality, so I'm not sure how usable the drawers would have been.  I'm curious what the boys will think of the new beds, I hope they like them!  They would be really happy if they were bunk beds, but I am certain they would jump off the top. 
I also got two night stands and a dresser for our room.  They probably won't deliver until early August, so I will post some pics when they arrive.  When we moved into our first one-bedroom apartment in New Jersey, we made our first trip to Ikea and bought a couple of dressers.  They have worked out pretty well and survived 6 years and this will be their fourth home.  However, the best secret behind Ikea furniture....don't move it!  Provided it's still doing well in storage and makes it to our new home, the old dressers will go into our guest room.  Keith is working on building the new headboard right now!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter