Monday, April 25, 2011

"home" work

It rained most of last week, so the house progress was slightly delayed.  They were able to pour the basement on Thursday and started framing on Friday.  I guess they can frame and pretty much do anything else in the rain, so we should be good moving forward.  Now it will be really fun to go and visit as we should see big changes.  I'm really excited to get the structure up and start to get a feel for the actual home. 
Lots of choices on the agenda for me, I need to make some final decisions in the next couple weeks- big ones on the list:
lighting
faucets
flooring
door styles
and a few others!

On a good note, I have been hunting for new bedding for our room for a long time now and found some on a pretty sweet deal, so I am happy to have that bought.  Now Keith can start working on the headboard.  The downside of buying it on sale is I was only able to get the duvet cover and two euro shams, so I need to find a bed skirt and a couple other pieces that will coordinate.  The pieces are a dark purple, which is not at all the direction I thought I would go, so I'm thinking about a slate / charcoal gray for the rest of the pieces.  The hunt is on!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter