Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Another one of those things we should have done a long time ago!



 Since the day we moved in, we wanted to get rid of those brass doors. Right away when we bought the house I asked a guy at Home Depot if they had any type of paint for fireplaces and he said they didn't. So I just gave up on it for sometime. Then my brother told me to buy spray paint for BBQ grills. I guess I should have asked for a second opinion at Home Depot! We had planned to paint this all summer, but then I started hunting on Craig's list for some newer doors and did come accross some good options, never the right size. So finally we gave up on that option and painted them. Seven dollars later, our fireplace now has a good 15 year facelift! Which leaves us kicking ourselves for not doing it four years ago.
Now if any of you have some birch logs or know where I could get some that would be great!  They will add a lot of dimension to that black hole!  I'm trying to talk Keith into cutting a branch down from the tree in the front yard. No luck so far. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter