Sunday, December 4, 2011

Black Friday Shopping

Here is a pic of the boys on Thanksgiving!  Exciting, huh.  Don't try to have a conversation with them while watching a movie.


This year I decided to join the crazies and do a little Black Friday shopping.  I arrived at the mall at about 11:55 pm and waited in my car until close to midnight.   There was a massive line to get in, so I thought I would let them stand in the cold and join them after they were all inside.  It was a bit on the crazy side!!!  However, I was surprised to find about 95% of the crowd consisted of high schoolers that were, let’s just say…in my way!!!  The good side of that, if you stayed clear of Abercrombie and Fitch, it wasn’t all bad.  I didn’t even have to wait in line at a few of the stores.  I was hoping to score a $40 crockpot for $6 at Younkers, but that store was a zoo with a massive line, so I passed on that one and headed to Target. 

I almost left the minute I walked in because the line curled throughout almost every aisle of the grocery section.  I found a toy I was looking for and several games to donate to the Smile Mission on sale for $4. 

Since I was a late arriver, the only carts that were available were freakin monster sized kid carts.  I have to use these things enough – I didn’t really want to in a mad mix of people.  Have you ever pushed one of those, I hit about every shelf. 

So I ended up buying a bunch of stuff at Target, clearly not my best judge at 2:00 am, the next day I had to return a few things that I purchased the wrong type of.  I finally made it back home by about 2:30 to get a few hours of sleep to arrive at the office at 8:00.  I do think I might participate in this madness again someday, but will be sure to have the next day off!  

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter