Thursday, December 27, 2012

A crockpot confession


Perhaps, it might be possible that crockpots aren't for everyone!  I've pinned a zillion, oh so easy and delicious crockpot recipes.  However, thinking back, I have had more fails than wins.  

There was the BBQ chicken.  When I got home from work, my house smelled absolutely amazing.  I was so excited to have the best chicken ever.  When I stuck my fork into it, instead of falling apart, it practically bounced back at me. That is when I decided it was time to invest in a fancier crock pot that was digital, had a timer, a warm setting and a probe.  

Then there was this one.  It was easy, but so creamy!  We could only handle about two bites.  

I once made a great crock-pot buffalo dip for a party, but it looked so gross, I think I was the only one who ate it:(

Last week I whipped up my own mix of Asian Pineapple Chicken.  And, it was just OK.

They are always - so easy, it's for the crockpot!  But half of them you still have to get out a half dozen pans to cook the contents before dumping into the crock-pot.  Then 30 minutes before you serve, take out the meat, add a bit of cornstarch to the crock pot to let the sauce thicken, while  you are letting your pasta on the stove boil.  In all honest- this all could have been completed on the stove in like 20 minutes - one mess!  

I haven't given up on my crockpot completely, but just spending a few days in the "crockpots are over rated camp".  

Please share your crockpot fails!  I know I'm not alone.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter