Sunday, December 19, 2010

Another busy weekend...a little this and a little that


We have been quite busy these past couple weeks trying to meet up with several people, tackle holiday tasks and continue to work on the move.  It's funny because typically I rarely go out and until last weekend we had never had a babysitter at our house.  But lately I have been going out a lot!
Friday night my office had a going away happy hour for me at Coopers.  We had a pretty darn good turnout considering it was a Friday night and everyone has holiday parties and Christmas shopping to do! I accidentally ordered 27 scooby snacks.  It really wasn't an "accident" until I got my bill at the end of the night....oops!  At least they were tasty. 
Then at about 3:45 we were woken up to Dylan throwing up!  After a bumpy couple hours he was doing much better!  Keith slept on the floor with them this time.  And I must say Carter is a rock-star sleeper and didn't wake once during all the commotion between Dylan and clean-up. This also quickly reminded me WHY I no longer drink very often!

Here's how Saturday looked....
I knocked out a lot of Christmas shopping, feeling much better!  Just a few more gifts and well, Keith and I gave up and probably aren't buying much for each other this year.  I'm sure we will have many things to buy once we move into a house. 
Attempted to buy a few holiday gifts in NE MPLS (Christmas shopping FAIL), but did enjoy a tasty burger from the Bulldog.
Finished those Christmas calendars, not my best work, but they are done! And to my family members reading this, yes it will be another year of Dylan and Carter. 
Made a dent in the Christmas cards, hope they will deliver by Christmas.
Late night grocery trip to Target.
Keith installed a new doorbell, replaced all of our energy efficient lights with ones that actually put out light  and cleaned the garage.

Today the boys were pretty good except they continue to beat the crap out of each other.  Carter has so many scratches that Susie thought he had the Chickenpox.  They are so rough with each other constantly wrestling, push, biting, pinching and pulling each other's hair.  But then for like 25 minutes they just sat and played with these cards together, it was AMAZING!  They never just sit and if they do, they need me to sit with them.  I even addressed a few Christmas cards while they played. Seriously, that NEVER HAPPENS!!! 
Oh, and then I took the boys to IKEA...BAD IDEA!  I'm never taking them their by myself again and I will just leave it at that.
Two weeks down and Keith is back in Iowa until Wednesday night. So I think the week will fly by.  And this is the boys last week at Cradle Club, so sad!!! They are going to miss everyone there so much and the sad thing is they just don't get that don't get to go back. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter