Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A long weekend..








"OK, I have sampled enough formulas"

The three of us really enjoyed having Keith home on Thursday and Friday, we think he should only work 3 days a week, every week. We kept extra busy all weekend long. We snuck out of the house several times to get in as much Christmas shopping as possible. Whenever we take the boys out, we usually have about two hours until we have to return home to feed them, so we try to get in as much as possible. I was so impressed by Keith, he thought I probably needed some quiet "alone time" so he took the boys out on his own and managed to get in and out of 5 different places within the two hours.
We avoided most places on black Friday, except Keith thought I should score some deals at Kohl's and sent me out into the wild. Well friends, I went up against the beast of black Friday and.... LOST. We live about 3 minutes from Kohl's, it took me 25 minutes to get into the parking lot where I quickly learned getting a parking spot would be left to luck, so I weighed my options and realized saving $20 wasn't worth losing what is left of my sleep deprived mind and I got the hell out of that parking lot ASAP... which was quite painful. Needless to say, I came home empty handed.
Our neighbors, Beth and Mitch, thought we could probably use some time out of our house and invited us over to hang out for a while on Saturday. So we bundled the boys up in blankets and visited with them for a couple hours. It was nice to spend some relaxing time with the boys in a living room other than our own.
The boys also got to meet my good friend Molly and her husband Casey on Sunday. They were in town for the holiday and Molly's residency interview. We would be really excited if she decided to do her residency in MN!!
Our biggest challenge of the weekend was finding a formula that worked for the boys! We are on formula number FIVE now and I think we are going to stick with it whether the boys like it or not.
By Sunday, Keith and I had a plan to try and get as much sleep as possible to gear up for the long week- unfortunately, our plan backfired when we discovered Dylan was running a high temp. At the same time Keith had a terrible sore throat and wasn't doing well himself. So we haven't been getting the best of sleep here and Keith stayed home from work and skipped class yesterday to try and get a little healthier.
I must conclude this long entry because the boys are waking up. They just took a GREAT NAP!! BOTH AT THE SAME TIME, no crying. If only they could do this every nap.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter