Monday, July 14, 2014

July 8

Funny how we can remember certain dates!  I remember leaving New Jersey on June 26th.  I remember starting my job at JT Mega on July 26th.  I remember moving into our house in Minnesota on November 18th.  I think we closed October 13th - but not 100%.  November 4th was my due date for the boys.  And today I struggled to recall what the heck the date was.  July 8th, last week marks our 3rd year here in Polk City.  So hard to believe that the boys have spent more of their lives here than they did in Minnesota.  Some days it feels like we just left, other days it feels very distant.  And to believe we have been here 3 years!  It seems like each summer gets more fun as we meet more people and become more involved in our community.  And it's already making me sad to think how fast all the kids around us are growing up!  And in 10 years when every yard has a car or two parked in it we will really wonder what happened to the little ones.  Can you believe these pics of Carter and Dylan, they look so young.  I love so many things about them now, but I do miss many things about those days too.  It's funny because they seemed old when we moved in and I look back now and they were practically babies.  I don't even want to think about how much things will change in another 3 years.  It's pretty chaotic around here but I love our little family, even if we are a traveling circus.













Notice anything new?  We added the flower boxes this summer and they are blooming like crazy.  I love spring/summer time when everything starts to bloom and there is color around the house  What a difference just 3 years can make in your landscape!  Every year we try and add something new and I guess little by little we will eventually be the old place in town.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter