Tuesday, October 4, 2011

my boys

Right now the boys are a combination of comedy and frustration!  They do seem to be getting easier, but are at an independent age and things can really blow up fast!  They do keep me entertained with many of the things they say and do - here are a few....

  • Carter is always saying, "I sleep on your shoulder mamma" - he loves me to hold him and snuggle
  • Poor Jasper, Dylan's sock monkey woke up morning with a hole, then a few days later it was missing an arm.  Grandma Susie was able to find a "new outfit" for Jasper and all is good!
  • Keith brought them back alligators from Baton Rouge, the boys love them.  Dylan named his Hippo.  They have been super cute carrying them around the house.
  • They have been asking me many questions lately, one morning last week Carter said, you going to work, are you going to Ames today- no Des Moines, you going to Des Moines mommy?  It was funny how he said it!
  • Dylan has started saying, "I can't talk, I can't talk"  - apparently this is referring to chatterbox, Carter not letting Dylan get any words in, so we will see how that plays out. 
  • If they can't go potty or are done going potty, they will often say "I all empty mommy"
  • Whenever we wear our ISU gear, Carter is always saying, is that your I A state shirt mommy?
  • Bad idea buying those boys scissors - Dylan has to use them all the time - to open his cereal bar, his Popsicles, his fruit snacks.  So now we have to keep them out of the drawer and out of reach!
  • Carter LOVES riding his big wheel - I don't know if that's what they call them these days, I think they are ready for bikes so I have been thinking about getting them some for their birthday.  They have their Y bikes and Dylan likes to ride that a lot, but their legs are getting really long, so it's harder to use.
  • They have been doing a lot of "cleaning" with their spray bottles
  • We've been working on towns - so they are always saying Grandma Susie in Sib - I - Lee (Sibley), we live in Polk City, our neighborhood and of course Baxter too.
  • They will say dad's going on a little trip
  • Carter's a little social butterfly, Dylan is a bit more shy and stays close to mommy
  • I've been able to sneak this veggie smoothie into some apple juice the last two nights- HA HA little boys!
  • Tonight I asked Carter what he wanted for his birthday and he told me balls, footballs and cupcakes

All right - that's all for now. I was so tired last night I fell asleep on the couch around 9:30 and went to bed at 10, that's the most sleep I've gotten in a long time and I think I will be in bed by 10:30 tonight!
  

 

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter