Saturday, October 15, 2011

A few good things...




 


  • So excited to have Keith home!!!  He has been traveling on and off for the last three weeks - that is a bit much for this girl and the boys were really starting to miss him!
  • This brings me to my friend Kelly who is a rock star mom - three weeks is nothing for her.  She has a 4 year old and 2 1/2 year old, is pregnant and her husband Eric is in Afghanistan for six months.  They live in Hawaii, but just made the trip back to Iowa for a few months, so we are looking forward to a fun little boy party at some point - that will probably get wild!!!  Anyway, she just flew back all by herself with both boys - YIKES, I would probably lose my mind!!!
  • Our friend Brady was in a bad dirt bike accident last weekend, and we are so happy to hear he is on the mend and he is back home already -but still has much recovery ahead of him!  Brady has about a million friends so I think prayer requests were quickly granted! 
  • Tonight my sister, nephews and parents came over to hang out and have dinner. The boys had an ABSOLUTE BLAST playing together, it reminded me how nice it is to live in Iowa and be closer to our the majority of our friends and family (of course we still really miss the Russell Ave crew).  One activity was playing "store" in the house - Jennifer made a good purchase, 1 egg and a pumpkin for $59:)  Also - I should note if any of you have been considering the Pinterest crockpot french dip recipe - we made it and I recommend it!  YUM.
  • Big news for me - I got the new iphone!!!!  I'm not typically one to race to the store to get the next greatest thing (my husband totally would all the time if he wasn't married with children) - but this is something I have been waiting for for a LONG TIME!  I've had my other phone for a little over 2 years and it wasn't doing the best.  Then we moved back to Iowa and AT&T is awful here, it dropped calls everywhere.  Keith said I had to wait until August - I patiently waited as my phone put every person I talked to on hold or hung up on them.  Then came August and he said apple rumors were flying and I had to wait until September - still no new phone.  Finally the announcement of the October 14 release.  It's not the 5, but I could not wait any longer.  So it is GREAT!  Plus the camera is a zillion times better, surprisingly, I use it a lot.  Otherwise, I haven't spent much time playing with it.  This is killing Keith because this also meant he had to lose his iphone. He has a blackberry for work and there really isn't any reason we should pay for him to have an extra fun.  So in a couple days he will be saying goodbye to his phone number:(
  • Oh and one more thing -  I went shopping last night and if you have a chance to get out - there were a ton of great sales!! Old Navy was practically giving things away! 


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter