Thursday, December 25, 2014

The story of the best Bormann Christmas Tree - EVER!

Keith always got real trees growing up and my family always had artificial trees.  He always wanted to get a real one, but I was all about my fake tree!  Since we moved into our new house, we talked about getting a taller tree, but had not made the purchase.  So this year I agreed that it would be a fun experience to take the kids to pick out a tree.   

We had a great time going to the tree farm and picking out the perfect tree for our family and took it home right aways.  



This picture doesn't really speak so well to the experience.






Dylan was all about the tree!  I need to get a few pictures from Keith's phone.  Dylan helped every step of the way.  

So when we got it home, we quickly realized she was a bit bigger than it looked at the tree farm.  



I had to make a walmart run for more lights.  We didn't do much for outdoor lights this year, as all efforts were focused on interior illuminations. 

I had great helpers decorating.  Please ignore the kids on the ladders picture.  











So now we are thinking we will for ever have at least a 11' tree.  Keith and I have both been really enjoying the big tree as well - we wish we could keep it up a bit longer but it is starting to dry out.




And this is my favorite Christmas pic of the season.  
She was actually just really excited about the candy cane.  


We hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas, we sure are looking forward to celebrating tomorrow and later this weekend.  Can't wait to see Olivia's eyes light up with each and every little gift- she loves EVERYTHING!  Seriously.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter