Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wouldn't it be fun to be Olivia for a day



Our girl is almost 22 months now and is loads of fun!  What's happening...

  • She loves to sing right now! 
  • Totally into everything her brothers are doing
  • WORLD'S SLOWEST EATER.  My goodness, last night she had been eating for a while, so I sat next to her to eat.  Pretty soon she starts sliding her plates in front of me to eat on my lap.  This would be totally fine if it didn't take an hour for her to eat.
  • She is always helping her teacher clean when I get to school, or reading.  She loves books!
  • She's discovered the slide in the back and wants to go down over and over and over
  • Lately it seems every question you ask her she says no first.  
  • She has the sweetest little, "yeah", "uh huh", "love you"
  • She is really into saying, "hi", like if we bring her to our bed in the morning and you are trying to sleep, she will lean over on top of you about an inch from your face and say, "hi, hi, hi mommy, hi mommy"
  • Lately she has been asking Stella for fives.  And she is a bit disappointed when she doesn't get them. Tonight I had her on the potty and she says, "Stella, going potty, five." Stella... not impressed!  But Olivia did get her five.
  • Really into taking her sandals off.  
  • The two questions I get all the time, "what's that" and "what's that for".
  • Had a big parenting fail at the boys tball game on Saturday.  Thought she was just playing with the rocks and I looked over at her only to find she had popcorn in her mouth that she found under the bleachers.  GROSS!  
  • We are still somewhat rocking her to sleep but I think she might be starting to grow out of it a bit and I have had to put her in her crib awake.  So this is exciting.  However, I was thinking back and when the boys were her age that had been in big boy cribs for a few months and we were spending a good 30-60 minutes holding their door shut.  So really not so bad with what we have going on!  Check out this post of the boys back then..  HERE
  • She is really into riding our Y bike.  Every time the boys get on their bikes, she grabs her helmet and hops on.  Then Keith had the boys old cars bike down and she walked straight to it and wouldn't move until she got to ride on it. She isn't quite strong enough to get the pedals going.  
  • Still into dressing herself.  I got her new PJs with shorts/pants, which she had to wear both at the same time.  
  • So far she has been super awesome at the boys' games.  For the most part she sits in her chair, hangs out and then tries to get her share of the post game team snack.
  • I'm hoping we finally have this winter coat out of rotation, she has been insisting on wearing that almost every day!
  • Lately she has been saying, "my mommy, my daddy"













No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter