First off, how are we almost through July??? Seems like it just got warm then super hot! We have been go go go lately- or it seems it’s been one thing after another! Here is an example of how things have been going. We had Olivia’s 1 year pictures coming up- of course they snuck up on me and I didn’t order a bow from etsy or come up with anything super cute and just never made it to the mall. So last minute on Monday I thought – we could go to this little place in Urbandale that is also next to a Great Clips and the boys could get their hair cut. The good news is the boys got their hair cut (just a plain hair cut – if you ask Carter as that is what he requested from the lady) but the bow place was closed! Then on Tuesday I went to the party store over lunch to get balloons for the pic. That night I’m leaving work and for some reason I roll my window down a bit – like 6 inches (probably because it was 200 degrees in my car). Before I know it, all five balloons are making their way out of the car! I stopped, but it was too late. I honestly couldn’t decide if I should cry or laugh. Back to the dumb party store and an extra 25 minutes of sitting at stoplights. Then when I get home and get all the kids in the car, one of them grabs a balloon and it pops! I was just hoping we would at least have one freakin balloon by the time we took the picture. I don’t believe we have been through a week the past month or two without seeing a doctor or some sort of appointment. Here is a recap:
· Dentist appointments for all three (no cavities!)
· Olivia has had her tubes, 1 year check up (I need to do a post on this one – it was NOT a fun one), tubes follow-up appointment
· Then one week Olivia had thrush, along with a cold and being miserable from tubes. I took her to Baxter one more so she could just spend a day being loved up by my mom! On a bad note I got a speeding ticket on my way back to Ankeny!
· Dylan is on his 4th cast now, we have basically had an appointment a week for his arm, the end of next week will be 6 weeks and he will get his pins out.
· Both boys have had some stomach issues – which on separate occasions both had doctors visits and both stayed home sick on a day (THANKS MOM!)
· Keith met with a guy one day at our house- working on getting an attic ladder in the garage since we store tons of things up there
· Boys have had swimming lessons with parks and rec in Johnston, then this week they are doing lessons with a girl in the neighborhood- they are at 8:00 though, so some schedule challenges
· Field trips- the boys have been doing field trips at school, so Keith’s went the day they did the splash park so he could put Dylan’s cast cover on
· We have had a few fun get-togethers at our house with friends
· I did a girls weekend in early June
· I went to Minneapolis for a couple days for a work trip
· We had Olivia’s first birthday and my nephew’s birthday party too
· I’ve been playing softball a bit with a league in town. It’s been a few years since I’ve played, but it’s been fun.
· Had a garage sale (not a successful garage sale)- should probably have another garage sale
· Cleaning our deck! I think I spent like 6 or 7 hours prepping our deck to be stained. Still trying to find time to stain it. I think we may be getting out the lights to do some late night staining
· Baxter Fun Days & Polk City’s Four Season’s Festival.
· Did I mention there has been roadwork by my house too (equals a pilot car a mile long into Ankeny) – the town was gridlock one night.
· We had a backyard camp out with our neighbors
· Got a new iphone last week – not impressed! The battery can barely make it 8 hours. We made a trip back to Jordan Creek, hoping to get a new one and they are claiming it will get better- still waiting!
· I had the Justin Bieber concert – I know what you are thinking!!! My sister and I got my niece tickets. Still not a fan of the Biebs- we got there early for a 7:00 show. He had two openers, and then he made us wait almost two hours! I tell you, I was booing the biebs with the crowd. The show, surprisingly not awful!
I suppose it’s better to be busy than not doing anything at all! We would just be better with a few less doctor’s appointments in the mix.