Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Bus Driver



And so we begin to enter the bus driver phase of our lives.  I’m careful here saying “entering” because I know we are just on the tip of it!  I recall other moms always saying babies are super busy because they need you for everything, but at least you are home!  I’ve kept these words close and have been in no rush to jump into my bus driver seat – but I think we are quickly headed towards this phase.  Luckily it will slow down again as sports seasons and activities end, but here is what it’s looking like right now…


Monday we have soccer, some Tuesdays we have boy scouts, Wednesday Olivia has dance, Thursday the boys have gymnastics and we have soccer games on Sundays.  And this year Olivia is doing a pre-school program that is 8:15-11:15 (super not-so-convenient time for working parents) on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  So my mom is being a huge help picking up Olivia one day a week, which Olivia loves because they usually go to “Old McDonald” for lunch.  However, on these days we have the boys take the school bus, which they like and I love because we can break the routine and don’t have our daycare drop-off.  And they leave about 35 minutes later than normal – did you know an extra 35 minutes in the morning is AMAZING?  Something about the kids getting an extra 15 minutes of sleep makes the morning go so much better.  So what I’m a bit nervous about is when the boys start having multiple practices a week and Olivia gets old enough for activities too – and at that point, I will officially be a bus driver.  So, I will do my best to make the most of today because this circus is always changing. 





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter