Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Welcome Carter and Dylan

The big day finally arrived and on the morning of Wednesday October 22 we headed to the hospital for a scheduled C section. At this point we still didn't know if we were having boys, girls or one of each. With Bennie and Mariea, Karl and Susie, and Adam and Sarah waiting patiently Jess headed into the operating room. The doctors brought me in next and I tried my best to calm Jessica down. Little did I know that I was the one who need to be calmed. She looked at me while she was on the operating table almost ready to go and said "I can tell you're nervous but it will be all right". At that point I knew who the scared one in the room was.

The operation began and at 12:32 pm Dylan Tyler was brought into the world and a whole minute later Carter Benjamin joined our family as well. With the team of doctors and nurses quickly working they got the boys cleaned up and showed them to Jess before they began working to finish things up with her. I left with the boys to the nursery and got to watch them be weighed and measured. Dylan was 5 lbs 7 oz and 18 inches long, and Carter was 5 lbs 13 oz and 18.5 inches long.

The next step was to tell our family that all was well and ask for final guesses about the sex of the babies. Adam was the only one who got it completely right since most people (including me) thought there was one girl in there. The next few days are completely a blur and I will let Jess make comments about what she thought. We had many visitors and got to know many nurses and doctors and stayed in the hospital until Sunday afternoon.

It took a couple of hours but we packed up the crew and all of our stuff and headed for the car. As a note it was snowing with temps in the 30's, a great first day outside for the boys. We came home to balloons, great signs and flowers which put a smile on everyone's face.

The first night home was a little hard on us but we made it. Monday night went much better and today has gone pretty well to. We are in the process of learning how to put Dylan and Carter on a schedule and they are learning how to deal with us.

Today the boys got to enjoy their first bath at home which seemed to go pretty well. Jessica and their loving Grandma Mariea got them all cleaned up and ready for their day of eating, sleeping some play time. Tomorrow we head to the pediatrician for our first visit and we hope all goes well. That's all for now, more to come soon.

Keith, Jessica, Dylan, & Carter

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter