Monday, July 6, 2009

My first weekend away from the Boys!

This was my first weekend away from the boys! Keith was so kind to let me go to the Lake of the Ozarks for the holiday weekend. In the eight years that I have been going to the lake, this was the second time that it rained for the majority of the weekend. However, the temperature was pretty warm most of the weekend and I still managed to get a sunburn on the fourth. Between the stormy weather and so much boat traffic, the lake was pretty rocky so we didn't even attempt to wakeboard or get the jet skis out. I probably would have been pretty rusty on the wake board anyway since it has been a couple years since I have been out.
I was sad leaving the boys, but wasn't too concerned since they were at my parent's house with Keith. They seemed to be keeping very busy getting into everything at grandma's house. I think mom and Keith quickly "undecorated" the house as the boys managed to get into everything in site. Once when I called, they just moved a plant because Carter had attempted to eat it.



Here are some of the highlights from the trip:
  • Meeting Sailor, Dave and Lola's new puppy, he's the cutest dog who just loves to eat anything in sight, especially paper (including Nicole's wedding invitation mock-up)
  • Sleeping in three days in a row!
  • A morning shopping at the outlets, I bought lots of clothes for the boys (I later heard Mark on the phone with Keith informing him that he may need to take out a second mortgage...I didn't really buy that much!)
  • Lots of relaxing in the hot tub!
  • Lola's brisket, monkey bread and homemade ice cream
  • Mark's attempt being a DJ....I can't believe all the "Delilah" classics he has on his ipod
  • Playing pictionary man and listening to Mark tell everyone after each turn what props they should have used and what they should have drawn
  • Nicole's friend coming out of the house saying "uh...your dog has a knife in its mouth and I think he wants to play" (no worries, Sailor dropped the knife)
  • 9 people snuggling together atrying to avoid getting soaked in the nasty storm on our way back from the restaurant
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter